Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 9

Phew. So all the house guests are gone, the boyfriend is at work, and now it's just me & my mess. I didn't exactly stick with my diet/exercise plan this weekend, but I think I did a lot better than I would have had I not been keeping track of my caloric intake/expenditures.

Like I mentioned before, I had a hard time eating right around my friend. She's great, and super-supportive, but she's just not that into watching what she eats or exercising. In other words, there was a lot of beer, potato chips, and sweets around the house all weekend. My boyfriend is vaguely trying to get in shape, but he can put away a whole lot more calories than I can. So when it was just the three of us, it was really hard to say "No, thank you" to another beer, and even harder to keep my hand out of the bag of chips.

Plus, it's "spring break", so I don't have any classes this week. I still have to work, but that means I have a lot of free time--and my goal is to make that free time about the gym, and not about baking or eating out. I do have an online test I have to take before Thursday, so I'm going to try to get some healthy snack foods (dried fruit, baby carrots, broccoli, & low-cal dip) for while I'm studying.

Anyway, here's how I'm doing today:

* * *
Morning snack:
Homemade Vegan "Berger" Cookie (ugh. There was only one left in the 'fridge...why did I do that?!)

Breakfast:
1/3 c. Silk Plain Soy Yogurt + 2 Tbsp. Gogi Crunch Granola
1/2 slice of Rye Swirl Bread w/Spectrum Spread
1 Homemade Vegan Mini-Biscuit

Snacks:
20 Grapes
13 Low Fat Pringles
1 Pack of Fruit Snacks
Diet Coke

Dinner:
two bites of leftover curry
2 slices of Rye/Pumpernickle Bread w/ Smart Balance Light
2 tbsp. Red Pepper Hummus

Snacks:
Organic Lollipop
Chai w/Almond Milk
Vegan/Gluten-free Soft Baked Ginger Spice Cookie

* * * *

Ugh. I ran around outside while babysitting today, but other than that (and some vacuuming), I've been pretty darn lazy today. And since we're moving out in a few weeks (oh my gosh), I'm trying to clean out the pantry...which means I am eating a lot of leftovers, and not doing a good job about buying new produce, etc. But tomorrow's a new day! Hopefully I can make it a productive, active, and diet-friendly one!

No comments:

Post a Comment